Location is all or so it's said. Blessed with a stretch of sand two miles long, an ocean that can reach 73 degrees Fahrenheit and spectacular sunsets that poetically dip into the gulf each evening, this stunning geography is, in large part, the reason a majority of our guests return again and again. It's not the only reason but once you've experienced a stress free day at the beach, you too will be enticed to return for another dip in the warm coastal waters or the fresh water stream that runs into them.
When night falls there is no better soporific than the sound of the surf, audible from all 41 housekeeping cottages. Affordably priced, the cottages comfortably house up to four people and are tailored to meet day-to-day living needs. An equipped kitchen, full bath, living room and cable TV are standard to each cottage--as is the expansive deck replete with picnic table and Adirondack chairs. Bedrooms, however, are designed to offer a variety of sleeping arrangements with single, queen-size and bunk beds among the options available.
For those who prefer simpler accommodations, The Village also boasts a 41-unit campground with serviced (water, electricity and dumping station) and tenting sites. Whether you choose a wooded or ocean view lot, all sites come with a picnic table, fireplace and easy access to washrooms, laundry facilities and, of course, the beach.
Although a prized feature, the beach is not our only recreational draw. Other onsite attractions include tennis courts, playground and basketball court. There are board games, cards, books and dvd’s to be borrowed at the office. Should you wish for more adventurous pastimes, the office staff at the Beach Village will be happy to assist you with directions for golfing, deep sea fishing, whale watching, horseback riding, hiking, museum/gallery visiting and of course locations and times of the many celtic musical events that abound in our area. With hospitality experience spanning three decades and courteous, helpful staff, the Beach Village aims to make your stay one you definitely want to repeat.
Beach Village Features
- 41 housekeeping cottages with full bath and choice of one or two bedroom
- All cottages have full sized decks
- Tennis courts
- All housekeeping cottages have television/ cable
- Wifi in the office area
- Only one-quarter mile from Inverness
- PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED
Within An Hours Drive
- The famed Cabot Trail
- The Acadian village of Cheticamp
- The Alexander Graham Bell Museum
- The picturesque Margarees renowned for freshwater salmon fishing
- Galleries at Inverness, Mabou, and Cheticamp
- A myriad of other attractions you may not find on your map... Just ask a local
- Boat charters, whale-watching
- Horseback riding
- Harness racing
- The Inverness County Centre for the Arts
- The Cape Mabou Hiking Trail
- The Miner's Museum in Inverness
- Glenora Distillery Tours
- Ceilidhs, Celtic concerts and dances